Thu Jun 7 2007

Z brackets done

Worked on the right tank Z brackets tonight. Here I've just taken off the tank skin and am getting ready to take off the ribs so I can drill through the baffle. Again, using the Checkoway method.

After a bunch of work, here are both sets of Z brackets. They're as perfect as I can get 'em.

And arghh! Here's the pile of scrap Z brackets from the first time I tried to fit the tanks. Good thing these aren't expensive. I've got a small pile of parts I need to return like the fuel access covers for the float sensors. Maybe I can return this extra unused Z bracket too.