Sun Sep 16 2007

Aileron prep

This evening I finished deburring the other three aileron nose ribs. Here's the full set of four.

I also found and deburred these doubler plates.

I temporarily clecoed on the end aileron rib and placed a 1/4 inch dowel in the trailing edge bend to see what bend radius to use when I make the trailing edge bend. With my scale laid upon the top flange of the rib, it looks like the 1/4 inch dowel is a little too big.

The 3/16 inch dowel looks better. The rib flanges aren't quite 90 degrees though so I'll have to tweak them then perform this check again.

Before calling it a night, I match drilled the left aileron skin to the stiffeners and deburred all the holes.