Mon Jul 21 2008

Fabricating seatbelt brackets

First thing for today was to trim the flanges of one of the new seatbelt brackets so that it could sit close enough to the rib to line up with the standard one.

With washers clamped between the bolt head and nut and a 3/16 spacer bar clamped between the bottom end of the brackets, I located the steel pieces on my aluminum brackets and match drilled.

After getting one side drilled, I put the whole thing in assembly and drilled the other side.

One of the holes wasn't accessable due to the rib flange being in the way so I took the assembly out and drilled it on the bench.

Sweet! This thing is rock solid!