Sun Mar 22 2009

Fuselage disassembly

Kody was over this afternoon. Once we finished running a bunch of errands, we headed down to the shop to do some work. First on the agenda was to enlarge these holes to 1" diameter in both the side skins and the F-7101 webs. My largest unibit only went to 7/8 diameter, so on one of our earlier errands, we purchased a larger one that went up to 1 1/8". The problem was that the little gem cost a whopping $40. I've only got to do two holes, so that comes to $20 per hole. Sheesh. I decided to call some friends to see if they had one I could borrow.

Kody helped remove the firewall and forward fuselage floor skin before we had to head out.