Tue Nov 3 2009

Dog platform supports

This evening I spent almost two hours working on the dog platform supports. First task was to locate the correct spot for this moon shaped cutout along the top edge of the center supports. It took quite a bit of filing and sanding with a dremel sanding drum to get the fit just right.

After going back out in the garage and checking the fit, I decided that the previous stiffening doubler I had made was too short. It would've ended right where the support rested, and I didn't like having a potential stress riser at that location, so I rounded over another piece of angle and cut it to 7 1/2 inches long...the longest that will fit between two bulkhead attach nutplates. I'll trim one of the flanges back tomorrow.