Sat Dec 3 2011

Elevator pushrod

Well I didn't do any entries for the past several days, but I actually was fiddling around with getting this elevator pushrod boot completed. It's made from rip-stop nylon, iirc. I sewed most of it up on my mother-in-law's sewing machine over the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks, Sharon!

This adhesive did a good job of bonding the boot flange to the aluminum ring. This is also the same adhesive I'll be using to bond the wire tie bases to various bulkheads and whatnot. Apparently it'll stay flexible so they are less likely to pop off in cold weather.

I noticed I needed to install these four rivets. I had left these out originally thinking I would install the elevator pushrod boot at this, the F-706 bulkhead, rather than the F-705 bulkhead.

Cramped quarters for riveting, but they came out well.

Some time later, I had the pushrod bearing back on the aft end of the elevator pushrod, the bearing installed to the bellcrank, and everything torqued and torque sealed.