Sun Aug 01 2021

Priming

I was getting ready to prime some stuff today and decided to also re-prime the step mounting plate. When I had installed this step long ago, some of the primer wiped off during cleanup, and that bare spot started to rust. I sanded off the little bit of rust and noted that the flush rivet heads were slightly proud to one degree or another. So, I decided to sand the entire plate so all the rivet heads are perfectly flush. Here it is all masked off for priming.

...also a bunch of parts on the painting rack.

all primed, and drying in the sun.

The step came out great. The rivets are all perfectly flush now. I'm definitely going to have to give the opposite side the same treatment.